[TYPO3-dev] session handling

Martin Kutschker martin.t.kutschker at n0spam.blackbox.net
Sun Oct 28 11:54:22 CET 2007

Hi!

I noticed that on each hit TYPO3 queries the session tables 4 times. Two
times for the FE and two times for the BE.

One hit is quite clear to me, the other is in comments stated to be
necessary for auto-login. But why do I need another lookup in the
session table, and do I really need an auto-BE-login in the FE?!? Does
this really work? I think a heavy-load site will not need a
BE-auto-login (and maybe FE editing) and will only be too happy to get
rid of two additional (and possibly pointless) DB queries.

Can somebody who know the authentication code well enlighten me?

Masi