[TYPO3-dev] how to select pages with correct language restriction with TS?

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Fri Oct 26 18:04:04 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I haven't found a solution with searching the web, but I have to say I
didn't know what to search for exactly to get some suitable search
results. So I ask directly in here.

Current situation:
I use a TS setup to fetch the uids of all subpages of the current page
and hand it over to a extension like this:
---------
	# my extension
	50 < plugin.user_tabs_pi1
	50 {
		# the pids variable is parsed with stdWrap
		pids.cObject = CONTENT
		pids.cObject {
			table = pages
			select {
				pidInList = this
				andWhere = doktype != 5 AND nav_hide=0
				selectFields = uid
				#languageField = sys_language_uid
			}
			renderObj = TEXT
			renderObj.field = uid
			renderObj.wrap = |,
		}
		noPiVars = 1
		stdWrap.required = 1
	}
---------

This worked nicely so far, but now my customer is updating his website
to be multilingual. The problem now is, that the TS above doesn't care
about translation handling. As you see I tried the option
'languageField', but it doesn't seem to work with the pages table,
because the table simply doesn't have any field that could be used for
this option (as far as I have seen).

Does anybody know a way how to get the page ids with correct
restrictions of the translation handling with TS? I'm not sure if it's
possible to rebuild the complex query by hand in TS.

Will it help to push the resulting uids through a RECORDS object? As far
as I know it handles language overlay stuff - but I'm not sure if it'll
work with pages though.

Thanks for the help.

--
Greetings,