[TYPO3-dev] typolink generation high parsetime

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Oct 26 17:04:43 CEST 2007

>> I don't mean a database stored cache, just a "static php cache", like
>> storing results in a global array (and pick result from this array if
>> already exists)
>
> But how likely is a repeated link within the same script. Using a
> global array would mean each hit will have to build it up again.

As far as I understood it's not about saving the links themselves but saving
an array that can be used while generating the links.
So instead of firing umpteen MySQL queries with the same results with each
link there would be only one for the first link generated and afterwards the
rest of the links could use the array containing all the necessary
information about the current status of the page tree and possible
restrictions.

Since there can't be a change of this status during the generation of a
single page this should be working without any problems.

HTH

Joey