[TYPO3-dev] typolink generation high parsetime

Popy popy.dev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 10:36:42 CEST 2007

2007/10/26, Steffen Kamper <steffen at sk-typo3.de>:

> "Popy" <popy.dev at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.3454.1193336329.20721.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> > 2007/10/25, Steffen Kamper <steffen at sk-typo3.de>:
> >
> >> but still better than 400 single queries.
> >> What is big, array of 500(0) integers?
> >
> > The query wich will return 500 integers (or more...)
> > I really think that asking only if needed is better, so, if you build
> > links
> > pointing to 5 different pages, your cache array will have only 5
> entries,
> > with only 5 littles queries...
>
> I don't see this as great progress, as we talk about temporary "cache" for
> one page generation.
> If 500 links are links to 500 pages, nothing is won, still 500 (*3)
> queries.
> If we have the array of integers, it's one! query.
>

> > By the way, if the function t3lib_pageSelect::getPage has a cache, it
> will
> > reduce the number of performed queries for typolinks, rootlines, pid
> > lists,
> > menus, etc...
>
> this is another point ;-)
>
> vg  Steffen

That's why i speak about this kind of cache :)
It ensure that we'll never do the same request more than once. Sometimes i
use this kind of query cache in my extension and it works well.
Ex: 48 queries processed instead of 293 on my forum on cache generation.
With cache it is a bit less fun, as I have 6 queries performed instead of
11.

--
Popy

Vulnerant omnes, ultima necat.