[TYPO3-dev] $TCA: Conditional Requirment for Fields in BE-Forms

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Thu Oct 25 12:37:53 CEST 2007

You don't need every thing, because in this Patch there is also the
Patch for "Notify user where required elements are nested in IRRE or
Tabs" (5899).

Here is a small "dataflow"

class.t3lib_tceforms.php
1. Register Condition in input-field (function call in input-fields)
2. Register Possible trigger-field (function call in
input-,text-,radio-,check-fields)
3a. Validate conditions & trigger. (function call in JSbottom)
3b. Tansforming Condition into an Array
4. Adding Trigger & Condition (to the array)

jsfunc.TBE_editore.js
1. Instead of checking the field-value there is function which
parse/checks the condition-array.
2. Adding trigger-check foreach field which uses the trigger field as
condition

Perhaps it is now easier to understand.

I'm now testing the newest version of 11 tabs and 50 fields (This is why
the 5899 patch is included, I hope that this patch will be in the trunk
soon).
The Version 3 is running on a productive system with following patches
on 4.1.2:
- [TYPO3-core] RFC: #6259 Disabling Tabs with no fields (does not work)
- [TYPO3-core] RFC: #6256 $TCA: Newline for Tabs (--div--)

Most editors have not very much knowlegde about working with the
internet or forgetting to fill out something like payment-type and than
bank-data (https ;). So the patches are very powerful buisness-models. ...

Malte