[TYPO3-dev] Fields in the TCA that does not exist in the DB

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Oct 25 12:29:09 CEST 2007

"Mads Brunn" <mads at typoconsult.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1193306395.438.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hm... wondering if we could / should create a $dataBaseFieldArray
> somewhere in tcemain->process_datamap (with
> $TYPO3_DB->admin_get_fields('tablename')) and ask tcemain only to check
> the current value of a field if the field actually existed in the table.
> This array could also be used to filter out nonexisting fields in the
> data-array ($incomingFieldArray) right before actually inserting /
> updating the record in the database. Doing it this way we wouldn't have to
> invent "yet another" $TCA - addon.
>
> Comments?
>
> ./mads

did you filtered where the DB check happens? As i assumed it depends on the
POST-vars.

The new feature i think we discussed at the beginning of this thread. As i
said i would prefer a flag in the control-array if the field is checked
against DB or not, could be done within a few lines.

So if you found a working solution, it would be the best to provide the
patch in BT first to see how it's possible (i dont't like the '*'-method as
title of field should be free choosable).

vg  Steffen