[TYPO3-dev] Fields in the TCA that does not exist in the DB

Mads Brunn mads at typoconsult.dk
Thu Oct 25 12:00:53 CEST 2007

Hm... wondering if we could / should create a $dataBaseFieldArray
somewhere in tcemain->process_datamap (with
$TYPO3_DB->admin_get_fields('tablename')) and ask tcemain only to check
the current value of a field if the field actually existed in the table.
This array could also be used to filter out nonexisting fields in the
data-array ($incomingFieldArray) right before actually inserting /
updating the record in the database. Doing it this way we wouldn't have
to invent "yet another" $TCA - addon.

Comments?

./mads