[TYPO3-dev] Fields in the TCA that does not exist in the DB

Mads Brunn mads at typoconsult.dk
Thu Oct 25 10:14:49 CEST 2007

Hi Steffen

Steffen Kamper skrev:
> At the bottom of ext_tables you will see definition of a virtual field:
> tx_wecmap_geocode
> The rendering is done in class.tx_wecmap_backend.php and delivers a form
> part.
>
> The main point why this will work is (if i'm right) that this virtual field
> doesn't exists in POST-vars. These are taken from core to validate against
> DB.

The reason why it works in Jeff's case is that the field is of type
'passthrough' and that it only displays some information in the BE-form
(it does not add a "real" field). This doesn't fit in my case. The
category field is a "real" field in the BE-form (not in the database)
and the data from it exists in the "$incomingFieldArray" variable in
tcemain. I need it this way in order to trigger tcemain to write the
MM-relation records.

apart from that the extension looks really cool, Jeff (if you're reading
this). Hope I will get a case where I can make use of it. WEC rocks
TYPO3 :-)

best regards

./mads