[TYPO3-dev] Prerequisites for each Typo3 version ?

Moreno Feltscher moreno.feltscher at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 15:22:43 CEST 2007

On 10/24/07, Martin Kutschker <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> wrote:

> No, it won't. 4.2 requires 5.1 (officialy and codewise). See Changlog of
> SVN (and various threads on that topic on dev and core about PHP version).
>
> Masi

Officially? Take a look at http://news.typo3.org/news/article/typo3-42-alpha-1/
"Raised minimum PHP version requirement

To run TYPO3 4.2alpha1 you need to have at least PHP 5.2. This move
was necessary to use features introduced since PHP 5.0 which we hope
will give a speed impovement to TYPO3."

More about: http://buzz.typo3.org/people/stucki/article/leaving-php4-behind/
"What does that mean?
- TYPO3 4.2 is going to be based on PHP 5.2
..but..
- If you are using PHP 5.1 then you might be in luck... We are aware
that enterprise Linux distributions of Novell and RedHat do not ship
with PHP 5.2 yet (they both come with 5.1). Therefore, we will avoid
using PHP 5.2 any specific features in TYPO3 as long as they have not
switched."

Using 5.2 would be the best future-oriented solution.