[TYPO3-dev] Fields in the TCA that does not exist in the DB

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Tue Oct 23 21:12:15 CEST 2007

I can confirm this, you don't have to create the column.

For displaying the form:
class tx_yourextension_tceform {
   getMainFields_preProcess($table, &$row, &$pObj) {
     if ($table == 'tx_yourextension_table') {
     $row["your_virtual_field_without_column"] = $some_value;
     }
   }
}

Before saving the form:
class tx_yourextension_tcemain {
   function processDatamap_preProcessFieldArray(&$fieldArray, $table,
$id, &$pObj) {
     if ($table == 'tx_yourextension_table') {
     $fieldArray["your_virtual_field_without_column"] = 0;
     }
   }
}

But it would be cool, if don't have to create one or more Hooks...