[TYPO3-dev] realurl and missing parameter

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue Oct 23 16:24:01 CEST 2007

"Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1193145915.5223.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> in some cases parameters configured in realurl are empty.
>> So e.g. i got this link:
>>
>> http://www.domain.de/meine-seite/meine-nachrichten//lesen/akkordeons_etc/
>>
>> Now i get an email with this link. After clicking the link the url is
>> changed to
>>
>> http://www.domain.de/meine-seite/meine-nachrichten/lesen/akkordeons_etc/
>>
>> and the page is not showed proper.
>>
>> Why does this happen, and can i do something against it?
>
> It means that you configured a postvar and its value is empty. So realurl
> puts empty value. It will work fine if you paste url into browser bar. I
> think it is e-mail client, who "normalizes" it (= removes slash).
>
> Sometime this happens if you have one postvarset with two or more vars in
> it and one of vars is empty. Typically you can split with set into two
> separate sets and supply noMatch=bypass for each var. This way you will
> not have any empty variables in url but at cost of extra segment in url.
>
> --
> Dmitry Dulepov
> TYPO3 freelancer / TYPO3 core team member
> Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
> Skype: callto:liels_bugs

Hi Dmitry,

thanx for the tip!
So i could configure it with noMatch=bypass and the empty segment dieappears
in url.
I also figured out, that i could reorder the values, so if i put the
parameter with a maybe empty value at the end of url, it doesn't matter if
it's empty and i don't get a double slash in the url.

great :-)

vg  Steffen