[TYPO3-dev] realurl and missing parameter

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Oct 23 15:25:14 CEST 2007

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> in some cases parameters configured in realurl are empty.
> So e.g. i got this link:
>
> http://www.domain.de/meine-seite/meine-nachrichten//lesen/akkordeons_etc/
>
> Now i get an email with this link. After clicking the link the url is
> changed to
>
> http://www.domain.de/meine-seite/meine-nachrichten/lesen/akkordeons_etc/
>
> and the page is not showed proper.
>
> Why does this happen, and can i do something against it?

It means that you configured a postvar and its value is empty. So realurl puts empty value. It will work fine if you paste url into browser bar. I think it is e-mail client, who "normalizes" it (= removes slash).

Sometime this happens if you have one postvarset with two or more vars in it and one of vars is empty. Typically you can split with set into two separate sets and supply noMatch=bypass for each var. This way you will not have any empty variables in url but at cost of extra segment in url.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/