[TYPO3-dev] Core list now open for everyone

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Oct 18 10:58:10 CEST 2007

Hi Christian,

> Ok, what else can I do to help?
>
> The patches I will send will at least work for me, otherwise I would
> start a thread in typo3-dev asking for advice.

Perfect!

> As far as I see a non-core-dev now can:
> - Test and review patches submitted to the bug tracker, and add
> hopefully use full comments.
> - Manage coordination of related bugs "off-site" (betwenn several
> typo3-related non-core-devs) and try to commit them when they are
> finished or need to be reviewed by a responsible team.

ACK

> - Write mail to some bugtracker-dev (who?) with more rights and send
> notes like "close #0815 because its obsolete", or "edit state of #0816
> to x", or "set relation from bug #0817 to #0818". That is just about
> cleaning up of the bt, many people might see things, but only a few
> people can actually change. There are eg. currently a lot of bugs that
> could be closed, they are just waiting for a dev to be informed and to
> do so.

If a patch is fully reviewed, it still needs to be committed by a core team
member. It should be his task to close the bugtracker issue as well. If
more than only one bug report is affected, you should remark this in your
patch RFC.

> - Test and vote a svn request on typo3-team-core ml: I will try to do
> this when I understand the impact and functionality of a submission. Is
> it ok for a non-core-dev to vote +/-1 to a patch on the core list?

Yes, of course that's ok. We even expect this!
As stated in Ingmars announcement, we require 4 reviews in total (2x code,
2x functionality) whereas a single person can do both, but where at least 1
code and functionality review must be done by a core team member.

All in all this results in three people having looked at a patch:
- patch author
- 1 non core team member
- 1 core team member

(or maybe more if only code or functionality have been checked in the first
place...)

> Should this be done in the bt?

You can post this in the mailing list directly.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out