[TYPO3-dev] Core list now open for everyone

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Thu Oct 18 10:31:12 CEST 2007

Hi Ries,

> do you happen to have some best practices for applying patches to core,
> what version to use to test patches?
>
> eg: Should we use 4.1.2 from the tarbal, or use a SVN version of
> typo3 core?

You should use our Subversion branches, always the most recent version of
each (update before creating the patch).

We have these branches:

- trunk/ => Bleeding edge, this is where we work on the next feature version
            (at the moment this is TYPO3 4.2)
- branches/
     TYPO3_4-1/ => Stable branch for TYPO3 4.1.x
     TYPO3_4-0/ => Stable branch for TYPO3 4.0.x (we'll only use that again
                   if it's affected by a security issue...)

You can also browse the subversion repository here:
http://typo3.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/typo3/TYPO3core/

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out