[TYPO3-dev] Fields in the TCA that does not exist in the DB

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Oct 18 01:22:32 CEST 2007

Hi Mad,

> It happens in t3lib_tcemain->recordInfo
> (when it's called by t3lib_tcemain->checkValue)
> It does a simple check to get the current value of the field.

You are right, there is no chance to get rid of the field.

"This function is for real database fields - NOT FlexForm "pseudo" fields. "
there is no way to use with "pseudo-field".

The only "quick" solution would be a condition

if($TCA[$table]['columns'][$field]['config']!='virtual') {
  // Get current value:
  $curValueRec = $this->recordInfo($table,$id,$field);
  $curValue = $curValueRec[$field];
}

vg Steffen