[TYPO3-dev] Fields in the TCA that does not exist in the DB

Mads Brunn mads at typoconsult.dk
Wed Oct 17 07:50:24 CEST 2007

Hi Dev-list

Is it somehow possible to have fields in the TCA that does not exist in
the database?

I'm in the midst of implementing a taxonomy extension which creates MM
relations from an arbitrary table to a central category table (see tread
on the ECT list). I want this to be as plug'n play as possible. An
administrator should not need to create MM select-fields on all the
tables that she wants to use with this extension.

Therefore I'm creating the field dynamically using a hook in the
t3lib_tceform class. This works to a certain degree - unfortunately the
tcemain checks the existing value of the field (found no hook in tcemain
to circumvent that) which causes a nasty SQL-select error to occur
whenever I save the BE-form.

Isn't this a missing feature of the tcemain?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Mads Brunn