[TYPO3-dev] Force saving in TCA

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Mon Oct 15 11:45:03 CEST 2007

Hi Georg,

Georg Ringer schrieb:
> I am working on a quite big extension (tca.php 1600 lines) and I would
> like to make an automatic saving for the record if a user updates a
> special field because I work with some userFunctions & itemsProcFunctions.
>
> So how can I activate the saving process without enforcing the editor to
>  click on the saving-button? (userFunc, TCA, everything will be fine)

This could be done on using some kind of AJAX functionallity that
stores/updates parts of a record when they were changed in TCEforms.

But how should the record be saved? If you're working on a record that
is in the live workspace, this changed field would immediately be
visible also in front-end, also if the record hasn't been finished.
Thus, it would be bette to have the record stored temporarily and
written to the live record after clicking the save button. This could
e.g. be done by another flag on the record table, e.g. "istemporary".

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/