[TYPO3-dev] mysql/mysqli and prepared statements

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Sun Oct 7 18:49:40 CEST 2007

On Oct 7, 2007, at 11:25 AM, Martin Kutschker wrote:

> ries van Twisk schrieb:
>>
>> I was trying to warn that a query cache is bypassed (important) for
>> MySQL (see blow what version) and that prepared queries can
>> slowdown the process, not necessarily
>> speed up.
>
> So you don't oppose prepared queries in general, but advice to use
> them
> carefully?
>
> Masi

Hey Masi,

Indeed,
I think for MySQL 5.1.7 we are save and it will highly
likely speed up the overall system due to that the queries cache
is used.

Any version of MySQL below 5.1.7 I am a bit in doubt and
I think to see some speed testing on it. Specially
with concurrent users pulling the system.

Pleases where I can see a prepared statement is with things like
getting a rootline.

Ries