[TYPO3-dev] typolink - link to records 2

Daniel Pötzinger operation-lan at gmx.de
Thu Oct 4 19:06:20 CEST 2007

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
> Daniel Pötzinger wrote: on 03.10.2007 18:57:
>
>> Earlier in this list I wanted to know your ideas/opinion on how to link
>> to records, resulting in a extension "linkhandler".
>>
>> The idea was to enable link to records like tt_news in the browse wizard
>> and use typolink "linkHandler" functionality to translate "record links"
>> to real links.
>>
>> All detail and a tryout can be found here:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6442
>>
>> Would like to have some feedback - maybe it is a usability improvement
>> for 4.2 branch?
>
> Definitively! I had just a quick look in the source code. Maybe we could
> simplify the "browse_links" additions so instead of having "tabs" we
> could use the "Pages" tab and simply list records from other tables
> instead of just tt_content in the already present "list view". So if
> tt_news records are "linkeable", simply show them in the list view
> together with the tt_content elements which already do something
> different (adds an anchor to the target URL).
>
> The tab name could then be renamed to "Pages / Records".
>
> What do you think?

I definitly like it more to have the option to configure additional tabs.
Like you see in the example you can configure a tab which is called
"News" and where you only see the sysfolder with news.
That is really nice to teach to an editor: "If you want to link to a
news - just select "News" Tab and select your newsitem"

The behaviour of "page" tab now is that if you click on a page directly
the link is generated. Its even more difficult to tell an editor to
first click on that little ">" icon right to the page and then select
your record.