[TYPO3-dev] Subversion and TYPO3

Christoph Moeller moeller at network-publishing.de
Tue Oct 2 00:00:11 CEST 2007

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> this sounds really great and i look forward.
> One short question - will it be possible to update also an svn-version of
> typo3 ?

I doubt you want to grant your web server's uid write permissions to the
T3 core, do you? Seems like too much of an open door, security-wise, IMO.
And centrally updating the core usually involves some more action, like
DB structure updates, checking the functionality of the sites delivered
by this central TYPO3 installation, etc.
But I guess simply updating the core code from SF should work, if
permissions are loose enough - except for the svn-ext checking its
filesystem boundaries, at the moment. You can of course extend our
extension to do so, soon ;)

Cheers,
Chris

--
network.publishing
internet & network service    | moeller westbunk gbr