[TYPO3-dev] PostgreSQL native drive for TYPO3 status update... and question about : 102: These fields are not properly

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Oct 1 22:13:20 CEST 2007

On Oct 1, 2007, at 3:02 PM, Martin Kutschker wrote:

> ries van Twisk schrieb:
>>
>> parsing a LIMIT clause is simple because the number of options
>> are small.
>
> True, but not parsing LIMIT will teach folks to actually use the
> generating functions. :-)

hehehe... your funny :)

If that is the case the core should be much more strict
and require MySQL in strict mode.... And not compare integers
with empty strings.... But since this is not the case, I need
to workaround some items... But this goes very well IMHO...

>> I am still planning to setup up a fall-back query parser if the first
>> query fails. Not sure how yet, or what library to use.
>
> Why not use DBAL for that? It does this quite good ;-)

I will try how good DBAL is, last time I tried was a looong time ago.
and I remember I had quite a number or problems.

But also DBAL uses AdoDB and it's own SQL parser on each and every query
(as far as I can see), and this is exactly what I am trying to avoid.
I need speed :)

If it works well it opens doors to using pgPool and slony replication
which is quite cool...

Ries