[TYPO3-dev] PostgreSQL native drive for TYPO3 status update... and question about : 102: These fields are not properly

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Mon Oct 1 13:57:16 CEST 2007

On Oct 1, 2007, at 3:02 AM, Martin Kutschker wrote:

> ries van Twisk schrieb:
>>
>> side note:
>> What I see/hear from the industry that there is really a demand for
>> support for other RDBM's
>> and it would be great if we can support others 'out of the box'
>> with the
>> same speed as with MySQL and with a high degree of compatibility.
>
> In my experience TYPO3 looses more often because it's not JAVA
> or .NET then
> it does because of Mysql. Though we once lost because of DBAL being
> not
> native Oracle.
>
> Masi

hey Masi,

I think I can agree with you on that one.
I did get that question a couple of times, but may be I move
somewhat in the PG corner so people tend to know me on that.

Also, since TYPO3 is marked as 'Enterprise content management'
I think it quite normal for Enterprise products to support
multiple RDBM systems natively well.

I will finnish what I have for now and put teh idea in TER if that's ok
also making some core patches as mentioned (properly
next weekend) and may be people will make a request for it, we will see.

Ries