[TYPO3-dev] additional access and caching

Bernd Wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Oct 1 13:16:59 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Bernd Wilke wrote:
>> we just "Extended the Built-In Access Scheme" like in
>> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/tutorials/doc_tut_templselect2/0.0.1/view/1/3/
>>
>> and it seems to work.
>>
>> But now we got the catch:
>> we can't cache the whole site any more.
>> This is not so bad.
>
> This is actually very bad but you will feel it only when you put it
> online and many people comes there ;) When generation time will increase
> to 10 sec for each page, you will feel extremely bad about it :)

nobody expects too many people on that site.
It is a website of a chain without online-shop.
there are about 50 stores with slightly individual content.
this storeselection is our new access-control. and these slightly
different pages could be cached, but the document says, that caching has
to be disabled on changing the function enablefields().

>> But this also means the site is no further indexed.
>>
>> Can we do something to cache/ to index/ have a local search?
>
> What actually prevents caching? Did you find out?

config.no_cache = 1
as described in document

and the default-caching-mechanism didn't see the dependency to the
URL-param/ cookie which decides the actual store. So the first call of a
page with ?store=1 builds up the cached page. any further call of this
page with another paramter (?store=2) gets first content. :-(

I asked about a nice configuration for caching depending on different
paramter/paramtervalues but got no answer yet.

I just noticed that caching seems to be  done depending on
TS-conditions. I'm not sure about this.
But I inserted 50 dummy-conditions.

Bernd