[TYPO3-dev] Raising Mysql requirements to 4.1?

Mathias Schreiber [TYPO3] mathias at typo3.org
Mon Oct 1 11:36:24 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Now that TYPO3 4.2 will require PHP 5.1 it's time to think also about
> Mysql requirements. Maybe TYPO3 will run on 3.23, but it's not
> recommended, so I guess the true requirement is probably Mysql 4.0. But
> only 4.1 offers true UTF-8 support and it would be nice if TYP3 could
> start to rely on that fact.

Yes please!
Don't forget to inform THomas so the new Installer will capture this.
Btw.
Do you think a short "System Check" would work for TYPO3 as well?
Like "No PHP5? No Service, No MySQL 4.1 (cross check DBAL) no Service.

> I think we could also require 5.0, but what does theis mean to currrent
 > installations? What is shipped with current distros?

I wouldn't look too much into the distros, but merely what do the
hosters out there say?
Sometimes you lose the perspective of users who don't set up their own
machine ;-)

--
T3A AM
Rocking TYPO3 since 3.1b1