[TYPO3-dev] problems with cache hashes

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Fri Nov 30 12:51:28 CET 2007

Hartmut Plehn schrieb:

Hello Helmut,

> We have one other problem left, though: From time to time there happens
> a "DoS" (even resulting in server crash) when somebody starts multiple
> indexed_searches over and over again without waiting for the result page.
> There is some kind of design issue in my opinion since page contents cached
> for indexed_search are grouped by gr_list. Our many user groups and group
> auto-logins by ip-address ranges result in almost 400 distinct gr_list's.
> (I admit that this probably isn't proper use?) It leads to really huge
> indexed_* tables and to performance problems during searches (that provoke
> the impatient user to start searches again and again...).

We haved managed to get around this by:

- Disabling advanced search
- Disabling Wordpart search

> On our starting page we therefore switched to mnogosearch but indexed_search
> is still used on many sub trees. And the possibility to search content
> personalized would be very nice indeed. The crawler extension is also
> problematic in combination with many different gr_list's because the page
> has to be requested for every possible gr_list combination. All in all
> indexed_search in my opinion is not usable at sites with complex FE user
> rights. mnogosearch doesn't support "personalized" searches, which imho
> really is a pity, because it weakens Typo3 as a true internet and intranet
> solution.

Some client of us uses FAST Search for that and the Resultslisting is
based on the Accessrights in LDAP. (Very Big German Company)

Indexed Search is OK for small pages. < 500 Pages and 5 Usergroups.

My 5 cents.

Olivier