[TYPO3-dev] OT: PDT Eclipse setting of default date format

Peter Russ peter.russ at 4many.net
Fri Nov 30 10:42:56 CET 2007

--- Original Nachricht ---
Absender:   Malte Jansen
Datum:       29.11.2007 13:46:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> "Peter Russ" <peter.russ at 4many.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:mailman.1.1196335456.28950.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>>> I've searched the web but can't find an answer.
>>> Is there a possibility to set the default format for date within
>>> eclipse to get the $date variable in a template to display as wanted?
>>>
>>> For now I get the German date format (preset of my system) but would
>>> like to have ISO within Eclipse without changing my system to ISO!
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Regs. Peter.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Fiat lux!
>>> Docendo discimus.
>>> _____________________________
>>> 4Many® Services
>>> XING: http://www.xing.com/go/invuid/Peter_Russ
>>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> AFAIK the date format is taken from system and not generated by
>> Eclipse. So on windows you can switch your settings in taskbar if wanted.
>>
>> vg  Steffen
>>
> Hi Peter,
>
> You could make an extra class with a function for it and use it in your
> code. So you can switch it, when ever you want...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte

Thank you for all the replies. But due to:
"You can't unless you use JNI or JDirect. Java's date formats are tied
to its locales, and those are defined separately from the operating
system's locales. That allows Java to work well on platforms with
insufficient built-in locale support, but it does fall short in a few
areas like this one where the operating system supports more options
than Java does."
And for now I didn't find any parameter to adjust the settings for my
need within eclispe I go for different solution.
As japanese date version is in ISO I start eclipse the the jp
user.language parameter.

Thanks.

Regs. Peter.

--