[TYPO3-dev] general TSConfig options

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Nov 30 01:21:11 CET 2007

Hi,

i want to enable some more options over TSconfig.
By searching how existing are included i found that there is no general
naming concept.
Some are simple assigned with options.xxx. (eg options.hideRecords.pages
which belongs to listview mod)
Some are really not to understand by reading, eg
xMOD_alt_doc.disableDocSelector
Some are really unknown to most, like auth.BE.redirectToUrl =

The biggest problem is that there is no place where all config options
So i would like to get a generic naming concept to make it more easy
- to find the right config vars to configure
- to see what a config var does and is related to.

I think this was planned at the beginning but not consequent used.

Most of the options could be found in tsconfig doc [1]
But if you look eg to options parameter it looks like a container of every
kind of configure var.

I know about the difficulties with rearranging or renaming or reorder the
config vars (compatibility cow), but i think it would be nice to do and will
help newbies to configure, there could be a remapping module for oldvar =>
newvar

Examples of better naming:

mod.page.visibility.previewIcon = none
mod.list.maxRecordSmallView = 50
mod.files.imageFileTypes = gif,jpg,png

this are only some examples which help to understand what they do by
reading.
(btw: in doku there is a remark: Deprecated. Use page.mod instead! - why?
this is more misleading.)

So here is much room for optimization, what do you think?

vg  Steffen