[TYPO3-dev] Good news: First decrease of no_cache parameter on google

Johnny Peck johnny at slipcasemedia.com
Thu Nov 29 09:16:39 CET 2007

Ingo Renner wrote:

>>> same here!
>>
>> Sorry, I need to focus on quality of my own extensions first, before I
>> start
>> fixing  foreign ones. When they are done, it's time to enlarge the scope.
>> This bug is in the responsibility of others.
>
> then don't complain about it
>
> Ingo

Ingo,

	If nobody complains then nothing gets fixed.  The squeaky wheel gets
the grease as they say.  As far as I know, telling people to shut up is
not very productive especially when that person is doing so much for
extension developers as Elmar has and continues to do.  I don't mean to
say either of you are more productive than the other just that you could
very easily be more creative with your criticism and it would go a long
way and actually help the situation.  He has written articles on this
subject, done his research, and is now trying once again to bring the
issue forward.  If you don't care then how about you stop complaining
about what you perceive to be complaining or whining.  I mean no
disrespect but not adding productive thoughts and ideas to the
discussion is just you complaining as well.

	Elmar, via lib/div/cool and extensive work with the ECT to provide a
modern development process for TYPO3 extensions has done far more than
'complain'.  In fact, he is very much driving the next wave of extension
development and thinking far more forward towards an ability to move 4.x
extensions into V5 extensions when that day comes as well.

	Anyhow, maybe I am complaining now as well so I am done.  Time to code
a bit more and sleep some.  By the way Ingo, I do appreciate your
contributions to TYPO3 and you have provided solutions for issues I  had
at times in the past years and I thank you for that.  I appreciate the
both of you, let's just be a bit more civil.

Aloha,
Johnny

PS.  Food for thought.  Anyone considered getting rid of the kickstarter
and replacing it with PHING?  Eh, maybe I will look into it a bit more.
  Peace.