[TYPO3-dev] problems with cache hashes

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Tue Nov 27 23:54:26 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:

> Solution: use InnoDb for cache_* tables. Disabling cache is worse than
> you have now because your server will be constantly under stress.

Sorry Dmitry,

But InnoDb seems to me to be a workaround only.

We experience the same problems once in a while too.

To me this look rather like a unhappy coincidence with the creating of
the index of the pagecontent while clearing the cache at the same time.

it seems that deleting the caches is not fast enough on isam tables

if then someone pounds on your server with some nice indexed search
queries you will see your load go berserk.

my opinion is to make sure:

no creation of page caches thru the frontend.
no deleting of page caches with high result sets.
no registering of more than 3 chashes per page by default
use static page caching for static content

i am willing to provide you with a test szenario.

greetings !

olivier