[TYPO3-dev] Caching Images for an Extentions

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Nov 27 20:02:31 CET 2007

Hi!

Oliver Krammer wrote:
> How will the image caching work with the default html output of the
> website ? I am searching throw the code for some days and haven't
> found the right place.

There is a cObject named IMAGE (see in typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/class.tslib_content.php). It creates cached images while rest of page is generated and returns the file name for the image. It does some magic on image properties so that it does not have to regenerate image if cache is cleared. In other words, it may determine that generated image already exists and will just return path to that image.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team