[TYPO3-dev] Page tree search box

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Nov 27 16:34:26 CET 2007

Hi!

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> great, then we should only commit features that are usable for the
> majority from now on. I don't see a benefit here for most users, also
> the new feature to put the "not-in-menu" items to the bottom is quite ok
> for some users but not for the majority IMHO. People agreed to disable
> this feature as well. So I don't know why this policy wasn't used then?

And I agree too. That feature removes natural tree sorting. I cannot put sysfolders where I want them to be! Not good. Stupid machine thinks that it is cleaver than I. I really hate that.

> I'm glad Kasper works on new ideas, but all of us should have commented
> when his patch was lying around for quite some time in the core list
> before he commited it.

I did. I wanted this both things to be off by default. But programmer's spirit usually wins in combat with end-user spirit, so rest of the team decided to enable these features by default. I am not happy about it but I see and acknowledge the main reason: to present new features to people. That sounds good from programmer's point of view. User may not be prepared to it but he will see that something was done since release of 4.1 ;)

> What about this: This feature get's enabled once the tree holds more
> than 50 items in it ;-)

What about this: this feature is enabled only through the update wizard? This was the reason to have it in typo3! :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team