[TYPO3-dev] Problem with debugging

Klaus Muth news2004 at hampft.de
Mon Nov 26 12:40:32 CET 2007

Steffen Kamper wrote:

>>> Any suggestion?
>> Try some combination of error_log() and print_r(). BTW: print_r() has got
>> a second parameter since 4.3, if you set it to true, it returns a string
>> instead of printing it so STDOUT.
>>
>> So try error_log(print_r($data, true), 0);
>> You may find your data in /var/log/apache/error.log
>
> that's true but in this case it's a CSS-problem in BE with
> debug-Information top of the document
Jepp, I understood from the discussion above ;).
But this is a general solution which avoids any interaction with HTML&CSS by
totally bypassing the http reply. Works for all PHP code.

But Dmitry (as usual) is right: there is even a better method within typo3
using t3lib_div::devLog().

klaus
--
Klaus Muth               HAGOSVerbunddeutscherKachelofen-undLuftheizungs
Germany                  bauerbetriebeeGSitz:StuttgartRechtsf.:Genossens