[TYPO3-dev] Positioning JavaScript from a FE plugin

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Nov 23 16:24:10 CET 2007

Hi all,

In a FE plugin I need to position JavaScript at precise places in the
HTML code, i.e. right after the opening body tag and right before the
closing body tag.

Right now I'm simply relying on the PAGE object using

page.1 = USER
page.1 ...

for the first inclusion hoping that it does not conflict with an already
existing page.1 object and

page.1000 = USER
page.1000 ...

for the last inclusion, hoping that there's no object with an index
greater than 1000.

This is all fine as long as it's just me using this extension in my
sites, but it's bit of a hassle otherwise.

Is there any way to place that JavaScript from within the plugin's class
precisely at the right points?

Thanks for any pointers.

Cheers

--