[TYPO3-dev] t3editor - call for help: please test it!

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Nov 23 02:02:15 CET 2007

"Tobias Liebig" <tobias at work.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1195774306.20679.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hej!
>
> as you might know the 4.2 alpha2 comes with the new t3editor.
>
> Last week i have started a post in this list to collect feedback and
> ideas.
>
> So - please - if you have some minutes of spare time, you can really help
> me if you:
>
> - get and install the 4.2 alpha2 package
> - go to the extension manager and activate the "t3editor"
> - go to Web > Template and edit the "setup"
> - write some TypoScript or paste some of your existing code into it
> - play around a little bit, if possible try different browsers
> - come back back to this list and post your opinion:
>   what do you miss?
>   what does not work?
>   Don't be shy to be honestly :-)
>
> Any comments are welcome!
> Bug can be reported at bugs.typo3.org in the "tx_t3editor" project. I will
> take care for them!
>
> Thanks for your help in advance!
>

> Regards,
>   Tobias
>
> btw: if you have 4.2a2 already installed: why not try and test some of the
> other features. All developers will appreciate! :-)
>

> --
> http://eTobi.de

I used the editor now since it is in trunk. Its a great effort and looks
nice with syntax highlighting.
The only error is the insert snippet/linenumber-issue i mentioned (missing
linenumbers)

But my wishlist is big, here are some points:

* some autocomplete-functions, eg i start writing an object
10 = TEXT
when i hit return, i would like to have in next line
10 {
}
after {+enter i would like to have autoindent, also negative one
after }+enter

also some autocomplete (has to be intelligent) - if it's a TEXT-object i
would have to see all properties TEXT could have

i could continue with ideas, also snippet lib would be a nice thing (also
add selections to snippet database)

So do you have a plugin interface for the editor?

vg  Steffen