[TYPO3-dev] Need help with a new extension (ste_invoice)

Sacha Ligthert sacha at ligthert.net
Thu Nov 22 23:09:04 CET 2007

Hi list,

I am not sure I am posting this to the right list. If this isn't the
case, to which mailing list should I post my questions?

This is the first time I release a Typo3 extension and an Open Source
project. So if I seem like a n00b, it has its reasons.

I've made an extension for sending and managing invoices with the Typo3
backend. Its conveniently called 'Invoice' and can be found in the TER
with the key 'ste_invoice'. The most recent version is 0.7.6
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/ste_invoice/0.7.6/. A
version which I deem somewhat stable enough to use in production use,
but due to its unclean source I haven't given it beta status yet for
that reason.

But I have a few questions/problems concerning the development I wish to
straighten out before I continue development.

* Currently all code displayed in the backend are hardcoded HTML tags.
Is there some sort of templating engine I could use. FE extensions have
the provisions to do so, but I haven't found anything similar. Does
Typo3 or any extension offer such functionality for the backend?
* The size is rather enormous due to the inclusion of html2ps for
creating PDFs. Can anybody advise me on which Typo3 extension for
generating PDFs I can use?
* I also need a replacement for the class that providers mail support.
Is there any extension that can deliver such functionality?

These are the last few things I need to get sorted out and don't know
how to handle it. Can somebody please give me hints/tips and pointers
concerning these subjects?

Greetings,

Sacha Ligthert