[TYPO3-dev] New install tool is not working?

Kasper Ligaard kasperligaard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 13:05:53 CET 2007

The problem is that the installer uses a platform specific path
seperator. Luckily Typo3 4.2 requires PHP5, so we instead we should
start evangilising the use of the PHP constants PATH_SEPARATOR and
DIR_SEPARATOR, which solves the problem on any platform where PHP runs.

Example of PATH_SEPERATOR:
--------------------------

Everywhere you find something like this: explode(':', $moduleClass);

You probably mean this: explode(PATH_SEPARATOR, $moduleClass);

Example of DIR_SEPARATOR:

Everywhere you find something like this: return $moduleClass.'/';

You probably mean something like this: return $moduleClass.DIR_SEPARATOR;

Note in the last example, that you have to be aware of whether you are
building a URL or a path on the file system. If you are building a URL
you should not use DIR_SEPARATOR, but just '/'. Conversely, if you are
building a path on the file system, then always use DIR_SEPARATOR and
never '/', '\' or ':'.

Regards, Kasper