[TYPO3-dev] New install tool is not working?

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Thu Nov 22 10:47:41 CET 2007

"Peter Kraume" <usenet at kraume.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1195722152.8158.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> > Firsts, it says me that password is still joh316 while it is not.
>>
>> Secondly, after logging in it says:
>> -----------------
>> An error occured. Please see details:
>>
>>    * FATAL! No config file was found for module "setup".
>>    * FATAL! The requested module "setup" could not be loaded.
>> -----------------
>>
>> And now I cannot go also to old install tool, I see these errors all the
>> time :(
>>
> Hi Dimitry,
>
> I didn't experience your problems, but maybe I can help anyway:
> You can install the old installer in the extension manager (key:
> install_old). Then you can access the old installer via this URL:
> http://domain.tld/typo3/install/index.php?installToolVersion=old
>
> Cheers,
> Peter

I had simular problems. Old install only doesn't work (uninstalled new
installer). There are still wrong paths in conf.php, and no entry in Menu
(see my other post)
Also there is some strange issue with new installer, it includes scripts
that are not activated in localconf. i didn't investigated the code of new
installer but it seems that there is something wrong.

Before new install is finished it's very important to work with old
installer to reach not implemented settings.

vg  Steffen