[TYPO3-dev] Putting the time into starttime

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Wed Nov 14 13:27:34 CET 2007

Hey guys,

I was chatting today about the fields "starttime" / "endtime". This was
also a discussion on the Mailing list.

The issue is this: Although the DB field is a timestamp, in the BE forms
only the date can be entered. If you install date2cal or similar, you
can enter the hours as well.

But if we'd consider time, we'd also need to discuss how the cache
behaves for it. I'm not really in the loop to figure this out on my own.

So, I am thinking about this:
* Have a installer-time option to activate "time" on starttime /
endtime, but have it disabled in general since only a few people will
actually need it.
* If time is activated, we'd need to figure out the cache issues, and I
hope of help from you guys.

What do you think about the issues? Please also comment on how and when
you use the starttime and endtime feature, so we know how many people
want to have this sorted out.

--
greetings,
benni.