[TYPO3-dev] Proposal: Advanced Language Settings

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Nov 13 10:51:15 CET 2007

Hi!

Some thoughts/comments.

Daniel Pötzinger wrote:
> .    General Localisation and Fallback feautures. (one-tree)
> .    If there is no translation for Australia the webpage should
> fallback to English (default language)

Possible

> .    If there is no translation for germany -- the page and also non
> translated CE should not be shown.

Possible with TS conditions

> .    If there is no translation for Spanish -- the translation for
> mexico should be shown. Means a fallback to language mexico.

Not sure if possible

> .    The translator should be able to explicitly hide or show a certain
> CE or page.
> .    The translator should be possible to explicitly create a page which
> is only visible in his language

These two go against current concept where translator is a technical figure only. I am not saying this is good but you have to consult Kasper's opinion about it. He invented the concept.

> .    Fallback and visibility behaviour can only be set global and
> therefore not for certain CE or pages

They can be set for pages using TS conditions.

> .    Different global language settings on a per language basis in
> nearly impossible.

Possible using TS conditions?

> .    Define the fallbackorder: Means to define which is the alternative
> language that should be shown in the case an element is not available in
> this language.
> .    Fallbackorder can be more than one language. It can also include
> the default language or not.
> .    Define the default setting for new elements (pages and CE)

This all must work with standard templating and both templavoila localization concepts. Quite difficult I think...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/