[TYPO3-dev] TCA-Configuration

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Thu Nov 8 11:06:12 CET 2007

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> "Malte Jansen" <mail at maltejansen.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1194515567.22871.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Hi Steffen,
>>
>> ok, upload size are very common, but you could change other properties
>> too.
>>
>> But what I miss in the TCA is a option for using an other column for field
>> or the other way round: define a other config if the type is changed. I
>> have the problem with a inline-field in one case I need 2 relations
>> required in an other case I need at least 2 realtions. You could use the
>> same column both... If the table gets bigger you have a needless column...
>>
> this is very specific :-) Can you think about how such manipulation could be
> done?
Should be done somewhere in the t3lib_transferdata. But I have done
something with this class. But there would be some tables which would
have several columns less....

> Shall we find the most common things first to get a list of values obvious
> to configure ?
> tt_content
> * media sizes
> * max files
> * max image sizes
> * hide fields (e.g. hide password of FE_USER)
Normaly you could use nearly every option for this except removing a
password field (see the other thread about md5-password ;) ). It would
be something like the kickstarter, only overriding some special values....