[TYPO3-dev] Ideas backend documentation

Christian Wolff Chris at connye.com
Wed Nov 7 12:20:47 CET 2007

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 10:29:46 +0100, Christopher Torgalson
<bedlamhotel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Nov 7, 2007 8:55 AM, Ingo Renner <ingo at typo3.org> wrote:
>> Christoph Lindenmueller wrote:
>>
>> Hi Christoph,
>>
>> > What about pulling the help text/images from a wiki in order to make
>> > text updates easier?
>>
>> Good idea, I had that myself already!
>

> It sounds like a good idea, but a wiki? I'd be very worried about spam...
>
> (Think what a tempting target a wiki linked into tens of thousands of
> TYPO3 installs could be :-s)

Maybe, we could combine wiki aproach (every body can contribute) with
the classical way (One Person in Charge),

i think as it of a "automatic" database. wich collects the language_labes
out of the core and the TER . then every Typo3.org user can edit
the language labels in a wiki like style.
then the owner of an extension can pull an "offical translation package
out of that
database wich will be used for automatic update. but every typo3 user
should be able to user ether the offical version or
pull to its own translation out of the "database".

whats your opinion on that?

best regards

chris

--