[TYPO3-dev] MD5 for FE-User password?

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Wed Nov 7 11:51:11 CET 2007

Correct the user is very cushy.

sometimes i have to go into the webuser-sysfolder. I do not want to see
the passwords. But sometimes there is no way around.

I think the passwords are also belonging the secrecy of the post, which
belongs to the German laws, which are concerning the internet (TDM,MDST
? I'm not sure where it was, but somewhere it was).

There are some reasons, why the BE-users have MD5-passwords. The same
reasons belong to the FE-users.

Perhaps there should also be a option for a better password. Something
like password must contain at least a special character, a numeric
character, uppercase letter and least a lower case character... So the
User cannot use his birthdate etc.

Malte