[TYPO3-dev] debug TYPO3 with Eclipse PDT

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Tue Nov 6 12:02:45 CET 2007

Hi,

I using Eclipse on Windows machine.

I'm using junction.exe (symlinks for windows)...
(for Linux it should work with the corresponding command)

For developing an extension I have a single project for every
dev-extension, which I link with a junction. So you can test it in a
running dev-system.

So I have several paths:
- projects/my_project (t3lib/ -> typo3_src-current/t3lib/ , ...,
typo3conf/ext/my_ext -> my_ext/)

- typo3/typo3_src-4.1.3/
- typo3/typo3_src-current/ (-> typo3_src-4.1.3/)
- typo3/typo3_src-svntrunk/ (using subclipse)
- typo3/typo3_src-svn/ (using subclipse;for switching between revs)
- extensions/my_ext/ (using subclipse with my own svn-server)

You can use a batch-file or the cmd.exe with follwing lines:

for linking the current version:

junction.exe "d:\workspace-typo3\typo3\typo3_src-current"
"d:\workspace-typo3\typo3\typo3_src-4.1.3"

for linking my_project:

junction.exe "d:\workspace-typo3\projects\my_project\typo3"
"d:\workspace-typo3\typo3\typo3_src-current\typo3"
junction.exe "d:\workspace-typo3\projects\my_project\misc"
"d:\workspace-typo3\typo3\typo3_src-current\misc"
junction.exe "d:\workspace-typo3\projects\my_project\t3lib"
"d:\workspace-typo3\typo3\typo3_src-current\t3lib"

and your my_ext:

junction.exe "d:\workspace-typo3\my_project\typo3conf\ext\my_ext"
"d:\workspace-typo3\extensions\my_ext"

(For Debugging you can use the "include project/lib" in eclipse.)

The virutalhost is set to this path:
http://localhost:9001/ -> d:\workspace-typo3\projects\my_project\
http://localhost:9002/ -> d:\workspace-typo3\projects\my_project2\

Perhaps this is your solution...