[TYPO3-dev] debug TYPO3 with Eclipse PDT

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Tue Nov 6 11:22:46 CET 2007

Hello,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>> Martin Bless wrote:
>>> Maybe it's of interest that I received a newsletter from Zend two days
>>> ago stating something like  "Zend has published a new Beta-Version of
>>> its Zend Studio IDE next generation: Zend Studio for Eclipse. With the
>>> codename „Neon“ this Beta-Version is based on the well-tried Zend
>>> Studio Technology and the Eclipse PHP Developers Tools (PDT) project."
>>>
>>> What do you think: Does that look promising?
>>
>> It is built upon Eclipse but it does not have anything new comparing
>> to Zend Studio 5.5. And debugger does not work. I tired it but I
>> switched back to 5.5. Neon is not ready for real-life yet. It is a toy
>> at the moment.

I also fiddeled a lot with (zend-)debugger and Eclipse PDT. I can get it
working with some tricks but it is not quite as comfortable as with the
plain ZEND Studio yet.

> An update. I had official Zend FF toolbar version 2.0.0, which crashed
> Apache and did not work with Neon. Today I installed Zend FF toolbar
> version 2.0.0 (this is not mistake, same version, 2.0.0!) from a closed
> testing group archive and debugging started to work from FF in Neon! It
> still crashes Apache but much less often and stops om almost all
> breakpoints. Seems like Zend does its job. But why they did not update
> toolbar version number - I have no idea.

Whoow, I#d love to get that too. The FF-Toolbar ist the kinde of comfort
I am still missing for Eclipse-PDT. (soemtimes(!) it worked going to
"extra stuff"/"Settings" and selecting "manual settings" Port 10000 and
the IP of the eclipse-host.)

Greets,
Peter
--