[TYPO3-dev] RFC: a new page type "internal page" / "page container"

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue Nov 6 01:18:15 CET 2007

"Martin Kutschker" <Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1194026629.31530.typo3-dev at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> The so called page type "advanced page" has the field "show content from
> page instead". If you use it, then the columns of this page are not used.
> This fact is easly overlooked because the field is a long way down and
> there is no visual feedback in the page tree.
>
> Therefore I suggest we create a new page type with a new icon for such
> pages. The page would have this field on the very top of the form.
> Additional fields of "advanced" would be shown below or - even better - in
> a new tab (or a set of tabs).
>
> "advanced" should loose this field. The update wizard may easily change
> all (advanced) pages with the field set, into pages of the new type.
>
> Masi
>
> PS: If course "advanced" and other page types could benefit from using
> tabs.

I patched my local version this way. I saw that tabs are integrated, only
tab-labels are missing. The tabs can easily activated by
$TCA['pages']['ctrl']['dividers2tabs'] = TRUE;

To create a patch, i want ask what should happen with doktype 2 (advanced).
To be compatible it has to be there, but showing advanced page with same
options than normal page looks bit strange. Any suggestions?

vg  Steffen