[TYPO3-dev] RFC: public extension review process

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Thu Nov 1 15:12:00 CET 2007

Hi,

>> But besides of that I'd vote for a 'official' extension repository - a
>> repository where there is only 1 extension for the most common
>> purposes and not 20 doing almost the same (like galleries, guestbooks,
>> calendars,...) and where all extensions instantly work together.
>> I think the ECT would be very well suited for that as it exactly tries
>> to achieve this - but a little more 'official' support would be nice.
>
> ...and isn't this contrary to the idea of Open Source software.
>
> One of the best bits is that the TER works more like a Bazaar than a
> Cathedral.
>
> http://catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/index.html
>
> If people have not read this classic, then I commend it to them.

I haven't said that the 'general' repository should be removed, have I?

But such a wide spread and good framework like TYPO3 should have high
quality, flexible and extendable basic extensions for the most common
needs. Most of the other CMS do - and there might be a reason for that.

TYPO3 could be so much more - but ... ah, just forget it - I'm not in
the mood for that now.

--
Franz