[TYPO3-dev] [TYPO3-content-rendering] Fancy form fields - THE solution for the TYPO3 FORM element?!

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu May 31 18:35:28 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 5/31/07, Ingo Renner <typo3 at ingo-renner.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to point you at this great article over at sitepoint:
> http://www.sitepoint.com/article/fancy-form-design-css
>
> I can imagine having this as THE FORM solution for TYPO3. What 'ya think?

I don't get it. 95% of this--almost everything but having validation
warnings show up near the form elements--is already possible with a
stock TYPO3 setup (and some CSC overrides, of course) [1].

The current FORM cObject and wizard could certainly be improved to
make this easier--for example, it would be nice if the form wizard
were more two-dimensional and allowed form sub-groups defined
elsewhere (i.e. fieldsets) to be inserted into longer forms--think,
for example of the way that it's possible to insert content elements
into /other/ TV content elements, and it would be nice if the FORM
cObject was more like the COA in terms of flexibility--but I guess I
don't understand what you were asking about...

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/

[1] http://www.typo3apprentice.com/index.php?id=123