[TYPO3-dev] CType Multimedia

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Sun May 27 12:04:53 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

>> - an admin should have the option to define the complete embed code for
>> a site (maybe flashplayer for mp3, iframe for pdf and object + mimetype
>> for the rest )
>
> Yes, but TYPO3 should come with a set of useful default values for
> various types.

i suggest to deliver typo3 with 2 multimedia-embedding flavors

- classic way (old embed code like now)
- xhtml (object with proper type declaration) so the browser will decide
wich application to use

all other ways of output have to be configured by the administrator. the
scenario i think about is adding a custom mp3 player or a special flash
player for flv files.

i will take a look into my old code and publish it as disussion base
later.

regards Martin