[TYPO3-dev] FORM element

Steve Ryan stever at syntithenai.com
Sun May 27 03:45:05 CEST 2007

Christoph Koehler wrote:
> On Thu, 24 May 2007 10:44:58 -0500, Steffen Kamper <steffen at dislabs.de>
> wrote:
>

>> sure i look to all existing activities too. I know Christian and Elmar
>> worked on kind of Form Lib, i will ask them too.
>
> It's Christoph :)
> I took on that project last year and didn't have the time to finish it
> or continue. I announced that on the ECT list a while back, so while
> there is a form team, I am not able to work on it much more. We did some
> work in that area but were reinventing the wheel.
> I think the best solution would be to take something like
> html_quickforms and implement a wrapper to create forms via TS and TCA
> using it.
> Feel free to ask for help or take the project over.
>
> Christoph
Hi All,

  I've been working to extend tx_forms. Some questions raised by Elmar
got me thinking.

I've preferred to stick with tx_forms rather than wrapping the pear
libraries as it does most of what I want and I can modify the code
anywhere I want.

I've tweaked the inheritance tree to work in with lib/div.
I've tweaked the inheritance to tree to allow for arbitrary depths of
nested objects.
I've moved the single and multitag rendering stuff into decorator
classes so as to keep the main hierarchy clean.
I've started on adding form actions and event passing in the style of
JSR252.
I've added a TCAFactory to generate form structures from config. From
the discussions here it seems another popular factory would be for the
FORM object configuration.
I've had a look at adding a new CObj TCAFORM. Just debug on the hook at
the moment but I'm thinking along similar lines that one very accessible
use of a form library would be a cObj wrapper.
While we are at it I think TCALIST should drop out pretty easily.

http://svn.syntithenai.com/svn/t3ext/forms

Working demo but still very messy and incomplete.

I've been hesitant to stick up my hand as life keeps getting in my way
but a good reusable form library is very interesting to me so if there
is way I can work in with other people that would be great.

Certainly

cheers

Steve Ryan