[TYPO3-dev] CType Multimedia

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri May 25 21:39:24 CEST 2007

JoH asenau schrieb:

> According to the author <embed> seems to be "oldschool" NS style _and_
> invalid for XHTML output. So <object> with a proper type should be the way
> to go, since TYPO3 claims to be XHTML compliant when using core elements.

But this part of the spec sucks. The object thingy is much too IE/MS
centric (classid!!!!)). It's sad that (x)html did'nt get proper <video>
and <audio> tags with some generic properties and a nice JS API that is
plugin agnostic.

Anway, the Satay method just leaves out the classid and it still seems
to work - magic :-)

As for flex/TS configuration (flex to save as a few extra fields in the
DB), I'd use type guessing per extension with a manual override for
unkown/unkommon movie formats, etc

Masi